Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Toy Review: Terra Pachyrhinosaurus!



Battat Terra Dinosaurs: Under $20 and pretty great!




Battat Terra collection


I'm trying on a new hat today, the reviewing dinosaur toy hat. I don't know if it fits super well, and there are many who wear the hat much more fashionably than myself, but I'm going to do my best. Plus, this is all just for fun, so take everything with a grain of salt. ;3

After learning about the Terra dinosaur toys from my previous post, I rushed out this afternoon and snagged one! It was a tough choice between the dinos available, but I went with the Pachyrhinosaurus, because I don't currently own any ceratopsians in my collection yet.
I know, weird, right?






Like previously mentioned, this line is about $13 at Target, and is a pretty decent little toy. The detail on the skin is pretty impressive, having a lot of texture and cool paint designs. They did a great job on the weirdness of pachyrhino's odd head, and he even has little painted eyes. It's in a cool gallop pose that looks like he is circling a hungry predator getting ready to thrown down. It's not pictured, but one of his back legs is off the ground in mid-step, so the toy is balanced really well. It's made a sturdy plastic that can withstand a beating.  
Honestly for the price, this a cute little toy, great for kids who want to have something to play with.

The cons are given with how cheap it is. The paint, while good, does look a bit sloppy in areas. The back side of this pachyrhino's right hip is a big smudged, and he's missing paint on one of his feet. Unlike the upper scale toys from Papo or Schleich, the jaw does not move but is still in a cool roar pose.






But honestly, it's not a deal breaker. It's a really good toy, and one I'm happy to have as part of my collection. He's adorable and a great first addition to my ceratopsian horde. I probably won't get another Terra myself, I think I'll stick with Papo or Schleich, but I'd recommend it for fans for sure!

I'm glad to see more variety of dinosaur toys out there, with not so common species as their baseline. If you have a dinosaur fan in your life, it's a great gift. I would have loved to get one as a gift of any of the dinosaurs they had out there today. 

I'm glad this guy is part of the family now! :D

My dinosaur family. <3


- M



1 comment: