Sunday, July 31, 2016

Being pretty and loving dinosaurs


Prepare yourself for girly crap.




     I'm not the best dresser in the world, and I've very aware of that. I like loud colors, designs and patterns that reflect things I love and tend to be...well...never boring. I especially love things that show off my loves and fandoms, like my Harley Quinn Converse and a rainbow of themed shirts.

     I have a couple dinosaur themed shirts, my favorite being a yellow one with cute dinosaurs cussing at flaming comets whizzing towards them. Sadly, I've recently lost my favorite necklace with a trex skeleton on it. As much as I love dinosaurs, I don't have a ton of prehistoric gear.

     But that doesn't mean I don't want more. Cause I really, really do.

     The trick is trying to find something that reflects your passions that isn't just more funny t-shirts. I wanted to find cute things, pretty things, hell even down right girly things that I could wear when I'm feeling fancy.

     So I've made it a goal to try and find the best dinosaur girly things. I even did my best to put together "outfits" like they do in those lady magazines, so I paired some of the dresses with necklaces, shoes and stuff.

     I'll also toss in some just...weird and funny stuff I found too, because some things just need to be shared with the whole world.

  • Dinosaur outfits


1) Super cool black and white dinosaur skirt by Bad Bunny Shop $40



     They also have leggings if you don't want a skirt. I assume you'd pair this with a cool black top and an attitude. I'd pick out one of the tops from the same site, because they're pretty rad and fit the style.
     I don't know how I feel about the fact the skirt is so high up on the torso, but I guess that's the style of it?

     Either way, it's really cool, and I love that it's black and has skulls on it.


     I would probably wear this with it....

A cool trex skeleton necklace from Candyfloss Sera $20



This badass bracelet from Sugar Me Up Too $13



Scaly shoes from Irregular Choice (not etsy) $80




     These also come in black, but I like the silver ones. They're not really...dinosaur to be honest, but they have scales and that's pretty sweet.


2) Black and white Dino dress from Weird Wearhood $40



     I really like this dress because of it's color pallet and cut. Seems like it would be really comfortable.

     I would probably wear this with it...

This awesome necklace at The Lysine Contingency $12



Or if you want something a little cuter, this necklace from Marmarsuperstar $20



3)  My favorite orange skirt from Oxygen Impulse $35





     I've been in love with this skirt for a long time. I see it at the major anime conventions by my house every year, and I'm always too broke to get it. It's orange, it's got awesome dinosaur skulls on it...I just love it so much.

     I need to make it a priority next year. Or just snag it one of these paydays. Damn I love it.

     I assume it would go good with any shirt, really, since it's a cotton skirt that's meant to be worn with or without leggings. I'd honestly wear it with some black leggings and my Converse, because I'm me and that's just how I dress.      I have a pair of orange Doc Martins, so I might wear them with the skirt as well.

     Did I mention I like the color orange?

     I'd probably wear this with it...

This boss as hell raptor necklace from Sushi Studios $20



     Double sided, orange, amazing.

     There's also bronze versions of the necklaces from The Lysine Contingency that would pair well I think. I had one that looked just like it with a trex skull, and that's sadly the one that's MIA at the moment. :(



Maybe this awesome trex ring from Truant Accessories if it came in my size $85



     I have tiny baby hands.


  • Now for the ridiculous


1)  I can't tell if I love this or not. Weird "dinosaur" dress from Coquetry Clothing $90




     Ok so...it's spandex. I don't know if that's a pro or a con. Both?
     I'm so torn about this stupid outfit. Because it is stupid, but it's also sparkly and has a hood. So I like it, but I kind of hate myself for liking it. When would I ever wear this? Halloween? Akon?

     I don't. Know.

     But I kinda want it.

     Also, there's an orange hood, but not a complete dress. Maybe just the hood?



     They also have two piece sets that have a longer "tail" to it, which is cute. I can't wear it because I would send the masses running for the hills, but maybe a thinner person could pull it off.

2) Amazingly gaudy trex heels from Kaylastojek $270




     Wow. Just. Wow.

     I'm pretty sure I'd break my ankle taking one awkward step, but they are pretty neat. I've posted about these before on the blog, but they're worth mentioning again since we're talking about clothing and such.

3) Life Finds A Way by Drunk Girl Designs $21




     No fucking comment needed.





No comments:

Post a Comment